Sunday, February 13, 2005

men like me - by Nigel Tiptoe

there are men like me who would bathe in your words
who would drink your laughter until drunk
and would drown happily in your bliss

there are men like me who would plunge into you
like a sea-bird into sparkling waves
who would plumb your depths like a wide-eyed, deep-sea fish

there are men like me who would pour out their dreams
to wash away your hurt
who would weather your storms rejoicing
who, frozen by your indifference,
would melt at your merest glance

there are men like me who would love you
who would paint their pictures on your body
who would write their stories into your life
and would inscribe their poems upon your heart

i don't know how many men there are like me
but there is at least one

copyright 2005 by Nigel Tiptoe
(reprinted here with the author's kind permission)

No comments: